We’ve listed a few and we’d love to hear more specifics, so please feel free to comment on this post. For example, are Craigslist, LinkedIn and Indeed the places you frequent for job opportunities?
Tag Archives: facebook
I’ve always been a big fan of Mike Rowe. He’s a man who appreciates hard work.
Here’s a quick video below with some very simple advice about the concept of following your passion.
“Never follow your passion. Always bring it with you.”
“Find a way to love what you do, and get really really good at it.”
video credit: CNN facebook page
I’m taking a little bit of time off this summer to spend time with our family and extended family. We want to spend quality time together and limit the amount of time we spend with our digital devices. We’ve set some rules in place for adults and children for a 2 week time period:No – Facebook, texting, email, movies, video games Yes – landline phone, radio, reading lights, ‘IRL’, flashlight tag, Monopoly .
I posted the challenge and rules on Facebook prior to the cleanse. Lots of comments followed. One friend wrote: “Such a great idea. Wish we could join you! We need a break from the insanity.” Another said, “A bold move. Enjoy!”
You may want to give it a try, if only for a day or two. If nothing else, consider just how attached you’ve become to these online services and ‘screen time’. A few summers ago I took a week-long vacation on a sailboat. We were far from any cell service and internet connection. It was exhilarating.
So, my question to you is, would you like to take a break from the insanity? Could you make the bold move and take a digital cleanse?
- Ever had a difficult situation where you didn’t want to let someone down with unwelcome news, so you avoided personal contact, and resorted to e-mail? The post, Don’t hide behind email was selected for WordPress’s Freshly Pressed, and elicited many great comments.
- Written by one of our Gen Y staff members, the article Facebook friend or foe serves up an interesting perspective on how your activity on Facebook could affect your career.
- No matter what profession, no matter what stage in our lives, actor Kevin Spacey’s Wise Words can apply to all of us.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Vancouverite Sean Aiken set out to do something different. He decided to try out 52 jobs, one week at a time. An inspiring documentary are the results of Sean’s One Week Job project.
- Here are 4 excellent points from Mike Desjardins of ViRTUS in his article about Influencing Corporate Culture
- Arianna Huffington’s funny TED Talk about the importance of sleep. It clearly makes sense that sleep is the Ultimate Productivity Tool
This year the McNak blog has seen more page views than ever before. We’d like take this opportunity to thank you all for taking the time to read, comment and share our articles. We have more grand plans for 2012 so watch this space.
Happy New Year!