Every Monday gives us a chance for a fresh start.
Posted in Inspiration
Tagged career, career advice, empowering, goal setting, high performance, inspiration, Leadership, Management, monday, morning rituals, productivity, success, work life balance
Why stay at the office and work when you could go to watch a movie in a theatre on a Monday afternoon?
This is a refreshing TED Talk from Ricardo Semler about the radical ideas he has championed for decades with several of his companies, bringing amazing results. He also used the same concepts to challenge the education system in Brazil.
This video below may intrigue you. Enjoy.
Posted in corporate culture
Tagged business, corporate culture, employee retention, empowering, engagement, high performance, inspiration, Leadership, TED Talk, video, work life balance
Reflecting back on the past year, here is a quick snapshot of our most read blog articles for 2013:
- Here are 5 quotes on corporate culture that are sure to inspire.
- Ever feel stuck in a job that doesn’t satisfy? Find out what happens when you’re brave enough to make the leap to something that is truly the right fit.
- When you walk around you learn things but most importantly you get on the same level as the rest of your team by doing this basic step.
- This short and concise TED Talk video beautifully breaks down the definition of leadership.
- Here is an interesting approach to the concept of work-life balance.
- Conan O’Brien joins LinkedIn, and dreams of becoming a LinkedIn “influencer”.
We’d like take this opportunity to thank you all for taking the time to read, comment and share our articles on the McNak blog.
Happy New Year!
Work to live. Live to work. We’ve heard that before.
Nigel Marsh is the author of “Fat, Forty and Fired” and “Overworked and Underlaid.” In this TED Talk video, Nigel has an interesting approach to the concept of work-life balance, and really gets down to the core of what is really important.